|25 Reasons to Live in Ellis!|
Why live in Ellis? We have 25 GREAT reasons to live here!
1. Small Town Life
2. Great place to raise a family
3. Good Schools with a student/teacher ratio of 11.2/1 in grades K-8 and 9/1 for grades 9-12!!!
4. Easy access to a larger community. Hays is only 15 miles away!!
5. Midway between Kansas City and Denver!! Pro Football, Basketball, or Hockey anyone??
6. Higher, Affordable Education, Fort Hays State University and NCK Vo-Tech are only 15 miles away!!
7. Great Museums!! The Railroad Museum, Walter P. Chrysler Boyhood Home, and the Bukovina Society of the Americas are right here in Ellis.
8. Beautiful Churches for all people.
9. Friendly People.
10. Got our own Grocery Store!! You'll never run out of ice cream!!
11. Unique Shopping!
12. Great parks and an indoor Playland at the Travel Plaza. Great for birthday parties or for just getting the jitters out!
13. Lots of Restaurants!! You'll never go hungry!
14. CommUNITY Thrift Shop -- you never know what you'll find!
15. Fishing -- right here in town!!
16. A great little creek that runs right through town!!
17. Want to camp out? A nice little camp ground, right here in town!!
18. Lot of places to work -- right here in town!!
19. Do you like snow? We have that during the Winter--sometimes!!
20. Do you like heat? We have lots of that during the summer!!
21. Cedar Bluff Lake is only 20 miles away!!!!
22. The Little Sahara is just a few hours South!!
23. Ellis County Fair is in July at Hays.
24. Ellis Jr. Free Fair --- Great food and lots of fun for everyone!!
25. Did we mention that it's a GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!!!